Saturday, March 10, 2007

I've joined the ranks of the presumptuous.

Hello everyone. I've been in China now for eight months, and I'm just now getting around to doing this. I'm sure some people have been anxiously awaiting the day that I would decide to do this, but I've always thought that blogs were kind of arrogant. It bothers me when people with incredibly boring lives think that other people are dying to read about them. I understand that this is an incredibly cynical attitude, but that's just the way I feel. Now, I seem to be going against my better judgment and starting one of these things myself. I hope that I will actually have something interesting to write about so that I will not fall into the aforementioned category. Like I said, I've been away for eight months now, and a lot has happened in the mean time. I've traveled a bit through China and also through Lao and Thailand. Work has been great, yet tiring at times. I've settled in and made some great friends, although I still miss the ones I left behind. I'm not sure how often I'm going to be posting on this. I just thought I would try it out since it's a free opportunity to show off my incredible wordsmanship. Feel free to visit and comment as much as you would like. Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

John said...

You stole Madame Senator's blog background. Nobody says Lao - even our friend from Laos. Don't try to show off.

Unknown said...

Dear Dan,

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

-David

Anonymous said...

Daniel...I think its great that you started your own blog. This way I dont have to keep up with your e-mails anymore! Oh, Sue and I have had some experience with blogs so heres a little tip. If things start to get boring, just make stuff up!!! It worked for us. We love ya bro, t&sue