Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm horrible at blogging

It's been over a month since I've written anything on this thing. There's just not a terrible amount of stuff that happens here. I'll try to catch you up on the last month's goings-on, though. Last weekend we went on a faculty field trip to a place called Zhujiajiao. It's about two hours west of Shanghai and is billed as the "Venice of China". The school paid for us to go, so everything was free besides our lunches. I also have not been to any of the little towns around Shanghai, and some of these are supposed to be beautiful. Plus, my friend Fawn was in town from Wuhan with some other girls, and I thought she might enjoy it as well. So we all piled on the bus at 8:00 on a Saturday morning. We got there around 10:00 and started walking around this little town. It didn't take us long to realize that we were going to have trouble finding things to do to keep us busy until the 3:00 departure time. There's just not a lot to see in Zhujiajiao. We shot balloons with pellet guns, watched a little bit of Chinese opera, ate at KFC, and looked at tons of souvenir junk. All in all, however, it was pretty fun. We kind of stuck together with our group of friends, which made the day rather enjoyable. I'm going to try to add a link to my two friends' blogsites so you can look at their pictures if you want. I still can't get my page to put any pictures up. I'm not ver computer savvy.
I've been sick this weekend. It could be a slight touch of the flu, or it could be a little food poisoning from the sushi Friday night. I'm not sure. I have parent-teacher conferences tomorrow, though, and that's not going to be very fun if I feel like this. We have to stay at school from 3:30 to 8:00 tomorrow and Tuesday. We have a break coming up next week, and if we want to have those days off, we have to make it up on these two nights. It makes for a very long day, but at least we have a whole week off. This time I'm just going to sit around Shanghai. I don't have any extra money to spend since I'm having to buy a ticket home for the summer. So instead of traveling I'm just going to relax and maybe go on a daytrip or two. I think it will be nice to be able to rest and read instead of trying to cram in a trip. Speaking of my ticket home, I only have two more months until I come home for the summer. I am looking forward to being home and seeing all of you and eating some Baja Burrito. I hope you are all doing well. Have a great day.

No comments: